Saturday, March 12, 2011

The River is Green

It is very cold, the river is green, and everyone over the age of 12 was drunk by noon. Welcome to the Chicago St. Patty's Parade day. I spent the day inside the Chicago Institute of Art filling my brain and soul with other types of mind altering substances.

Relief Stucco
Wax and pigment over plaster
Staff with beautiful crystal at the bottom
This is a prayer by Swami Vivekananda, delivered at the Chicago's World Fair Parliment of the World's Religions in 1893. Done in leds in colors of homeland security levels. 
wonderful to read the as you walk up three levels to the Impressionists.
Bugatti

Interesting clasp on Rennaissance era casket.
As you can see, I didn't enjoy the new contemporary section very much. 
I find contemporary art often depresses me, and classical art and craft inspires me.
Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tidings and Salutations: