Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1000 Crowns

I have often joked with Terry that of all the objects I work around and make, I find some of the greatest joy in headdresses. Looking over the hundreds of projects I've done, if there is a way to work a headdress in, I do it - Art show, parade, or building - it gets a headdress. Why I didn't end up in Vegas in some basement steaming feathers is beyond me. 
Nicole wrote from India today that she has found sources for miniature Vishnu crowns - Oh joyous day! 
I would love to do an entire body of work dedicated to Headdress - We'll call it
1000 Crowns

4 comments:

  1. 1000 crowns in a 1000 days?
    Need virtual assistance? xo-J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - 1000 crowns in 1000 days starts today, May 5, 2011. So the body of work will complete January 31, 2014. Right?
    Hell yes i'll take your virtual, spiritual, physical and emotional assistance - anytime. What is 95 paintings in 95 hours when we could do 1000 crowns in 1000 days!? At least you didn't suggest 1000 crowns in 1000 hours, which would be just over 41 days, 24/7 or 125 working days, which is about 6 months - I don't think the world deserves this 6 months from now... nonetheless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG we are siblings separated at birth!!! Please bring on the crowns and the headdresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats are like masks...

    ReplyDelete

Tidings and Salutations: